- My immediate response in a blog post was that this underlines the problems of a silo system.
- In Financial Express today, I have a column on the subject: SEBI rules and insurance companies.
- See Jayant Thakur on the Indian Corporate Law blog.
- Reportage in the Mint by Kayezad E. Adajania, N. Sundaresha Subramanian and Deepti Bhaskaran.
- Reportage by K. V. Ramana in DNA.
- Vivek Kaul in DNA looks at the extent to which ULIPs have an insurance component.
- An interview with J. Hari Narayan, chairman of IRDA, in the Business Standard.
- An editorial in DNA.
- Gautam Chikermane has an excellent piece in the Hindustan Times.
- Timely investment advice for us from Carl Richards on the New York Times blogs.
Monday, April 12, 2010
SEBI's order on ULIPs
On 9 April (Friday), SEBI came out with an order against insurance companies selling mutual-fund-like products without being regulated as mutual funds are [pdf]. IRDA has come out with a press release and an order.