- Amy Yee has an article in Financial Times on the New Pension System. On NPS, you might like to also see two articles: this and this.
- Ila Patnaik on present business cycle conditions.
- When we were robots in Egypt a poem by Jo Walton.
- Read Mark Hulbert describe new work by Lasse H. Pederson on the challenge of buying and holding financial assets.
- The case of the Chinese mayor who wasn't there by Tom Mitchell in Financial Times.
- A smart omission of commission by Megha Patnaik in Financial Express. Gautam Bhardwaj on the implications of EET taxation as envisioned in the draft direct tax code. And, the editorial in Indian Express on the direct tax code.
- Building resilence to shocks by Hugo Banziger in Financial Times is a sensible set of ideas on how to make finance more resilient. It's striking how far this international discourse is from RBI's notions of `safety'.
- Watch Pratap Bhanu Mehta on Ila Patnaik's TV Show.
- Deep thinking about the monsoon failure: Shekhar Gupta, Mahesh Vyas.
- Devangshu Datta on `Bhuvan', a product which should not have been released.
- John Taylor in Financial Times on proposals for new powers to be given to the Fed on systemic risk.
- Robert Fisk in The Independent on the puzzle that the Middle East.
Saturday, August 15, 2009
at 9:52 PM