Friday, July 03, 2009

Comments to discuss

What if India had a Hong Kong

Comment by Anonymous:

Interesting. Have a look:

http://www.livemint.com/articles/2009/06/18222822/The-spirit-of-Mumbai-has-its-r.html

Measuring the consequences for developing countries, of open access to the literature

Comment by bagdu:

Then I contacted their coordinator Nicole Hunt who told me that CEPR papers are free as well like NBER. Here is the gist of that communication:

On reading this post, I communicated with CEPR coordinator Nicole Hunt. Here are my findings:

  1. One needs to provide one's address and email address to CEPR by sending a mail to CEPR and creating a profile at CEPR's website.This will enable free access to their papers.
  2. I suggested to CEPR to make this process user friendly similar to NBER and this suggestion is under consideration.
  3. It seems like this is not a defined process yet and the access is on an ad-hoc basis. This being weekend, I have not yet got the access to their papers. Create a profile at CEPR website, try downloading a paper, it results in a failure and an email address to contact. Follow up on that id and you might get the access. I will confirm it here once I get it myself.

Measuring the consequences for developing countries, of open access to the literature

Comment by bagdu:

This is to confirm that further to creating a profile at CEPR's website and my communication (as an individual from a developing country) with CEPR I have been granted free access to CEPR's papers.

One feels a little lump in the throat when one gets these high quality materials free by virtue of being a citizen of a developing country.

This is one privilege one would like to let go of. Let us quickly become developed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Comments are moderated; I will delete comments that misbehave. The rules are as follows. Only civilised conversation is permitted on this blog. Criticising me is perfectly okay; uncivilised language is not. I delete any comment which is spam, has personal attacks against anyone, or uses foul language.