|S&P 500 returns||-0.39%|
|Nikkei 225 (9:16 AM IST)||+1.28%|
|US Financials index||-1.37%|
|ICICI Bank ADR||+8.94%|
|Call rate on 29th||5.21%|
|Currency futures (9:16 AM IST)||48.7375|
- Deepak Lal in Business Standard on how to head off protectionism.
- Jayanth Varma on how recent events should change the way in which we teach finance.
- Rama Bijapurkar reminds us that some firms have low betas, in Financial Express.
- Paul Kattuman, in Financial Express says that wage flexibility is the best kind of adjustment to a downturn.
- Eric Lipton and David D. Kirkpatrick in the New York Times on finding profits in the downturn.