|S&P 500 returns||+1.26%|
|Nikkei 225 (9:10 AM IST)||-4.89%|
|US Financials index||-1.01%|
|ICICI Bank ADR||+1.91%|
|Call rate on 23rd||6.1|
|Currency futures (9:13 AM IST)||49.98|
- An editorial in Financial Express on what RBI should do by way of trading on the rupee-dollar market.
- Using data for 23 October, there are 8 banks which have a double digit P/E ratio. The overall industry index has a P/E of 9.35 and a P/B of 1.3. There are 21 banks which are available at a price below book value.
- Writing in Economic Times, Shakti Shankar Patra says NSE needs new rules on option strikes in this time of elevated vol.
- Jahangir Aziz in The Times of India on the key ideas of this paper. Jahangir is next up on Ila's "Policy with Patnaik" show on NDTV Profit, discussing these same issues.
- Subhomoy Bhattacharjee in Financial Express.
- Tamal Bandhyopadhyay in Mint on RBI's credit policy announcement.
- Arvind Subramanian in Business Standard.