|Call rate on 15th||10.04%|
|S&P 500 returns||-9.03%|
|Nikkei 225 (9:20 AM IST)||-9.55%|
|US Financials index||-9.37%|
|ICICI Bank ADR||-14.2%|
|Currency futures (9:20 AM IST)||49.14|
- RBI works further to strengthen rupee and dollar liquidity.
- SEBI raised margins for exchange-traded equity derivatives.
- A few other moves: MOF releases resources to banks, pulls up the weakest banks to 12% capital adequacy, and (most interesting) doubles the FII limit on corporate bonds to $6 billion.
- Jayanth Varma in Financial Express on problems of home loans in India.
- Shashi Tharoor says we shouldn't squander the opportunities from economic reform.
- Early signs of a thaw in the global credit market.
- US retail sales slowed down in September.
- What happened in the world markets yesterday, reportage in Financial Times by Chris Giles, Javier Blas and Krishna Guha. Also see this by Chris Flood in FT.