Saturday, May 24, 2008

What 3G protocols in India?

A few days ago, I wrote a blog post A new low in Indian telecom policy on the lack of 3G services in India. It looks like this is perhaps a few months away. The question of standards remains [link]. Will the 3G services envisaged in India speak HSPA and `Evolved HSPA'?

Dhiraj Nayyar has a good article in Financial Express on satisfying both sides of the 3G debate.

Right now, I'm in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and a telecom vendor (Dialog) is advertising global roaming with "3.5G" HSPA with peak speed of 14.4 Mb/s!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Comments are moderated; I will delete comments that misbehave. The rules are as follows. Only civilised conversation is permitted on this blog. Criticising me is perfectly okay; uncivilised language is not. I delete any comment which is spam, has personal attacks against anyone, or uses foul language.