Sunday, December 18, 2005

Guidelines for web development

Lots of people I know are involved with making websites, and these websites are often bad. Over the years, I must have written a lot of email criticising this or that.

I finally had a chance to collect together a set of principles that good websites should follow, based on much help from Vikram, Krishna, Sunita and Viral. I'm focusing on websites with lots of content, and not database-backed e-commerce sites, but for this class of problems, these guidelines should be useful. Tell me what should be done better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Comments are moderated; I will delete comments that misbehave. The rules are as follows. Only civilised conversation is permitted on this blog. Criticising me is perfectly okay; uncivilised language is not. I delete any comment which is spam, has personal attacks against anyone, or uses foul language.